The Library maintains donated original automotive-related documents for the purpose of preserving the historical record. It also sells various automotive sales brochures and repair manuals that are duplicates in our collection. Sales are made via eBay and in the Museum gift Shop. To see what items are currently for sale on eBay,click here. Research material must remain in the Library, but CVF members are permitted to conduct unlimited onsite research.
Can’t identify that vehicle in the old family photograph? Need to know A.J. Foyt’s pit crew in the 1960 Indy 500? For a small fee (free to Museum members) our library volunteers research such queries (fee schedule at bottom of this page).
To Contact the Library via email, Click Here.
Research Library and Archive Center
- Foreign and Domestic Car and Truck sales brochures 1930s – Present
- Consumer targeted automotive magazines published 1940’s – Present (Road and Track, Car and Driver, Car Collector, Hot Rod Magazine, Motor Trend, plus many obscure titles and “Little Magazines” from the 1950s and 1960s)
- Various national and local car club publications
- Hard bound books
- After Market Supplier Catalogs
- Factory Service and Repair Manuals
- Generic Service and Repair Manuals (Chilton’s, Motors, Mitchell, etc.)
- Automotive-related Videotapes
- Ford Life Photo Negative Files
Request forms for technical data, information or photocopies may be obtained at the Front Desk or by download. To download research request (Acrobat PDF) form click link:
- Research Time: Museum Members = No Charge
- Non-Members = $20.00/hour (initial hour paid up front).
- Reproduction Copies: $.25 for each copy (member or non-member)
- Your request will be processed as soon as feasible.