If you have an exceptional vehicle that you believe the Museum might be interested in displaying, you are welcome to submit a request to display the vehicle to our Exhibits Committee for consideration. Please e-mail at least one picture of the vehicle along with a description of the significance of your particular car to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This request will then be forwarded to our Exhibits Committee for consideration and you will be notified if your vehicle fits our criteria and would be a good addition to our Museum. If accepted, you will be asked to complete an Exhibitor Agreement and keep it on display for an agreed upon amount of time. There is limited in and out privileges with advance notice.
If you have any questions about the process, feel free to contact the Museum Curator, Carly Starr, at 916-442-6802.
Our long-term goal is add to our collection through donations to the California Automobile Museum. If you are interested in donating your vehicle (free pick-up from almost anywhere in the country and a tax deduction), you can find more information on this webpage.
- Early Chevy (early teens ideal, but interested into 1920s)
- Volkswagen Type 2 Bus (T1 model ideal, but also interested in T2)
- Vintage Hot Rods and Lowriders from the 1950s and 60s (California-built ideal)
- 1940s/early 50s Woodie wagon
- Pre-1908 vehicle with marque other than Ford (CA connection such as the Tourist ideal)
- 1930s high-end luxury car (e.g. Cord, Hispano-Suiza)
- 1960s Ford F-series, Chevy/GMC C/K, or Dodge D-series two-door pickup truck
- Collecting Future History Now:
- mid-1980s Dodge Caravan with faux wood paneling
- 1970s Toyota Pickup (Hilux) / 1980s Datsun 720 pickup truck
- 1980s Honda Civic / Toyota Corolla
- 1990s Smart Coupe or 2000-07 Smart Fortwo
- 2003-2008 Toyota Prius
- early 2000s Hummer H2
- early 2000s BMW Mini (Cooper)
- Any car from any era with interesting local relevance, or a significant California or Sacramento history!
Condition of car, museum space, significance of vehicle’s history, and more all play a part in if a vehicle is able to be displayed at the California Automobile Museum.
For Additional InformationSubscribe to our Emails!