- This event has passed.
Modes of Motion Summer Camp (Week 1)
June 27, 2016 @ 9:00 am - July 1, 2016 @ 3:00 pm
The Modes of Motion Summer Program at the California Automobile Museum is an educational and hands-on program designed for kids interested in a unique and fun summer experience!
Monday, June 27 – Friday, July 1st
9:00am-3:00pm (each day)
Pricing: $200 for the week for Museum members/$225 for non-members
Want to save on this and all our classes? Become a Gearhead member today!
open to youth age 8-12
This Modes of Motion session is sold out! However, we still have spots available in our 2nd week (July 11th-15th). Click here to sign up!
Travel in style this summer by enrolling in the California Automobile Museum’s 2016 Summer Camp! Campers will be immersed in a five day expedition through all things transportation.
Cars, trains, boats, planes, and even space shuttles have all shaped the way we live and think. In this camp, students will explore them all by studying how they work and how they are designed. They will even get to ride in different types of vehicles from throughout history.
Campers will have a chance to:
- Design and create their own vehicles using the engineering concepts from the past and present.
- Play interactive team-building games to drive home the fundamental concepts of transit.
- Experiment with the fundamental machines and technologies that guide our daily lives.
- Test vehicle safety features to see how effective they are.
- Create new, innovative, and maybe even unorthodox vehicle designs and see how they fare in a race against other campers.
- Explore how stories can connect us to history through engaging narratives and shared experience.
This camp will include a well-rounded curriculum with lessons, arts and crafts, guest speakers, outdoor activities, experiments, workshops, and even a pinewood racing tournament.
The California Automobile Museum’s Summer Camp will also take field trips around Sacramento and learn how different modes of transportation helped shape California’s historic state capital. They will even get to explore other museums around the area while taking in many of the historic sites that Sacramento has to offer.