5th Annual Capitol Carrera
October 14 - October 15$400 - $450
The 5th Annual Capitol Carrera will be held on Saturday to Sunday, October 14-15!
The Carrera is an overnight touring rally organized by classic car enthusiasts and supporters of the California Automobile Museum. As in years past, the route is a closely guarded secret!
There are no timed sections, in other words, this is NOT a race. You are guaranteed to drive some great roads and potentially visit places you have never been before along the route over two days. Speed is not the point of this rally. Enjoy the journey!
5th Annual Capitol Carrera Details and Qualifications:
- The cost for this rally is $400 for museum members and $450 for non-members. Want to save $50 on this rally? Become a Gearhead member now!
- Classic cars (Pre-’78) are encouraged, but all entries will be considered. Additionally, all entries will be reviewed and approved by the Capitol Carrera committee (don’t worry – they like all kinds of cars!).
- Previous Carrera participants are generally exempt from the qualification process.
- The Capitol Carrera participants will depart from the California Auto Museum on the morning of Saturday, October 14, 2017. Participants will end with a finish line dinner at California Auto Museum Sunday evening (10/15)
- You will be given route details at check-in. This is NOT a highway tour. The route will include only paved sections, including windy mountain back roads.
- This is a fall rally, so prepare your car for unpredictable weather…sun, wind, rain. Maybe even snow!
- Registration is limited to 30 cars.
- All proceeds benefit the California Automobile Museum.
If you would like to sign up for this rally, please register by clicking below or calling Adam at the Museum at (916)442-6802 extension 13