- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Capitol Carrera
April 26, 2014 - April 27, 2014$350
Speed is not the Object, the Journey is the Challenge
The 2nd Annual Capitol Carrera is a touring rally organized by classic car enthusiasts and supporters of the California Automobile Museum. This year’s Capitol Carrera is a tribute to touring some of the beautiful countryside in Northern California and enjoying the company of classic car owners. This is the ONLY rally to benefit the California Automobile Museum’s mission to preserve, exhibit and teach the story of the automobile and its influence on our lives.
This is a FUN driving event for amazing cars and classic car lovin’ folks. There are no timed sections or first place trophy. Speed is not the object, the journey is the challenge. You are guaranteed to see roads and places you have never been before as the route may include up to 500 miles of driving over two days.
2nd Annual Capitol Carrera Details and Qualifications:
- You must drive a pre 1975 car. The Capitol Carrera committee will consider post 1975 special interest vehicles. All entries must be approved by the Capitol Carrera committee.
- The Capitol Carrera participants will depart from the California Auto Museum at 9am on Saturday April 26, 2014.
- The Capitol Carrera participants will end with a finish line dinner at California Auto Museum Sunday evening.
You will be given route details at check-in. This is NOT a highway tour. The route will include only paved sections, including windy mountain back roads you likely have never seen.
- With unpredictable weather, prepare your car for sun, wind, rain and snow.
- Entry fee is $325-350 per car, includes driver and navigator. The package includes 2nd Annual Capitol Carrera signs for your car, overnight accommodations, finish line dinner, and Capitol Rally t-shirts for two people.
- Registration is limited to 35 cars.
- All proceeds benefit the California Automobile Museum’s mission.
To Be Considered for Entry:
- Complete and submit the application to The Capitol Carrera committee at the California Automobile Museum. You MUST submit photos of your vehicle and no un-approved vehicle substitutions will be allowed to participate.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the California Automobile Museum at 916-442-6802 or email@example.com.