August 9, 2014
4:00pm - 9:00pm
6th Annual California Automobile Museum Car Cruise & Show
Sponsored By ClearPlex August 9, 2014 on Fulton Avenue
Free fun on Fulton!
Gorgeous cars will cruise on through from Sac State to Fulton Avenue on a regulated route with no stops this August 9th for what’s known as Sacramento’s BEST Car Cruise and Show. Spectators of all ages are welcome to cheer Cruisers along the path from Sac State to Fulton Avenue, then walk freely around Fulton to enjoy some summer fun! Cruise begins at 4:00 pm, ending in a car show and music festival 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Fulton.
Pre-registration for vehicles closed on Friday, August 8 at 8:00 am. We already have over 350 registered, but can take up to 400. You can still register at Sac State on Saturday, August 9 beginning at 1:00 pm. $50 onsite. Please follow this link for more details.
The California Automobile Museum has partnered with ClearPlex and the Fulton Avenue Business Association to ensure a steady regulated Cruise along the route, making this cruise the BEST in Sacramento, and quite the spectacle. Led by a siren-happy vintage fire truck, the cruise is packed full with cars from all eras! The Model T Club has made a fun addition in the past as the drivers and passengers dressed as gangsters and flappers. This non-stop cruise happens only once a year in August to complement the famed Reno event, Hot August Nights! The cruise is open to all year, make, and model vehicles.
Aready Registered? Click here for Day-of Info!
We have added some great entertainment this year the Cruisers and spectators can all enjoy on Fulton Avenue. The Cruise will end on Fulton Avenue in a huge car show between El Camino and Marconi for a huge event emceed by our special guest Paul Robins of FOX40 News. Everyone will enjoy a music festival starring Tattooed Love Dogs, beer garden, vendor booths, kids’ activities and gorgeous cars along Fulton. This is the BEST way for the entire family to spend the afternoon among beautiful cars! Other bands include The Tick-Tock Men, Vibrocounts, Todd Morgan and the Emblems, and Last Two Standing. Expect to see these bands and more along Fulton Avenue during the car show!
Cruiser Map – Join us on Fair Oaks and Fulton Ave. as we cruise 5 miles from Sac State to El Camino! There are plenty of spots for spectators to line the streets and see the cars in motion!
Car Show Award Winners
1. Favorite Muscle Car #399, 1967 Buick Skylark GS, Mike Sparman, Antelope
2. Favorite GM #266, 1967 Chevy Nova SS, Doug & Linda Kenner, Sacramento
3. Favorite Mopar #520, 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, Anita Southard, Rocklin
4. Favorite Ford #441, 1955 T-bird, Mark Wichmann, Rancho Cordova
5. Favorite Street Rod #162, 1934 Ford Coupe, Dave Cox, Elk Grove
6. Favorite Truck #372, 1958 Chevy Apache Pickup, Jom & Mari Rost, Carmichael
7. Favorite Orphan #213, 1954 Pacard 5431 Convertible, , Dick Gould, West Sacramento
8. Favorite Foreign #133, 1977 Lotus Esprit-James Bond Replica, Uwe Brosamle, El Dorado Hills
9. Favorite Sports Car #120, 1965 AC Cobra 427 Factory 5, Rob Barron, Orangevale
10. Favorite Original/Un-restored #438, 1961 Chrysler Newport, Kathy & Chuck Wriscopf, Roseville
11. Favorite Lowrider 1960 Impala, Randy Tippit, Cameron Park
12. Favorite Motorcycle #277, 2000 Custom Chopper, Ken Lazzarini, Sacramento
13. Favorite Rockabilly/Suede/Rat Rod #391, 1946 Chevy, AJ Simonds, Fair Oaks
14. Favorite Convertible #192, 1961 Cadillac Series 62, Jerry Franchi, Rescue
15. Favorite Ford Model T/A #273, 1924 Model T, Allen Koch, Citrus Heights
16. Favorite Mustang 64-73 #420, 1965 Mustang 2+2, Dan Vallejo, Sacramento
17. Favorite Mustang 1979-present #110, 2013 Mustang, Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Andris, Sacramento
18. Young Gun #338, 1992 Jeep Wrangler, Skyler Osborn, Rocklin
19. Director’s Choice #149, 1961 Morris Mini, Brian Cartmell, Sacramento
20. President’s Choice #529, 1982 BMW Alpina, Deter Stenger, Auburn
21. Fulton Avenue Association Choice #546, 1999 Lincoln Towncar, Lawrence Charity, Sacramento
22. Car Club with Most Entries Porsche Club
23. Grand Marshal’s Choice #384, 1937 Cord Beverly, Dick Schoemer, Sacramento
24. Best of Show #217 1956 Chevy Nomad with speed boat, Kent Grigg, Carmichael
Registration is open for cruisers and vendors! Spectators are Free. Scroll further for the online registration form.
- Cruisers: Cruiser registration is $50 onsite. Pre-registration has ended; please come to Sac State on 8/9 at 1:00 pm for day-of registration.
- Vendors: Our Vendor Spots are sold out for this year!
- Sponsors: Our sponsorship are sold out for this year!
Need help? Contact the Museum at 916-442-6802
- Promotional Flyer
- 6th Annual CAM Car Cruise Brochure 2014
- Volunteer opportunities
- Cruiser Day-Of Information
- Spectator Parking Map Below (Click to enlarge)
6th Annual CAM Car Cruise Sponsors
“Title” & “Venue” Sponsor
“Checkered Flag” Sponsors
“Top Speed Sponsors”
“Peel Out” Sponsors
“On the Road” Sponsors
Pre-Registration for the CAM Car Cruise has ended. Please come see us at Sac State Parking Lot 1 at 1:00pm on Saturday 8/9 to cruise with us! Get there as close to 1:00 as you can, as space is limited! $50 onsite.